My analytical research paper will be about genetic engineering, in specific, in foods. I do not like the idea of genetically enhancing people, but I do believe that if genetically modifying foods will help our environment, I am all for it. The new improvements on foods have made more land crop-grow-able. These foods can also be modified in a fashion that makes them more nutritious and better for us. I also think that genetically engineering crops lets us exercise new technology discovered in labs. Scientists slave in labs for months and years to reach these conclusions, and with humanistic engineering, we just blow their ideas away since many consider it a moral issue.
I take this stand on genetically modified foods because I think the benefits out weigh any consequences. If there is a way to modify crops so they are able to grow in a variety of different climates, I believe we should act on it. For example, they have put a gene into tomatoes that allows the tomato to grow, even in the saltiest conditions of once over-used, destroyed, ploughed land. This once useless section of land is now growing a good deal of tomatoes which have no more pesticides or disease on them as normally grown vegetables. I also think it is necessary to put scientists' hard work into action. So far, there does not seem to be any big problems with this engineering, except for the people who say it is morally wrong.
I want my Commonplace essay to reflect my opinions on genetically modified foods and note how beneficial these actions could be to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment